Associate Program Officer, Grassroots Exchange & Education – Japan Foundation (NY, NY)
Company: Japan Foundation
Title: Associate Program Officer, Grassroots Exchange & Education
Salary: TBD, Full-time
Location: NY, NY
Established by the Japanese government in 1972, The Japan Foundation’s mission is to promote international cultural exchange and mutual understanding between Japan and other countries. The Japan Foundation’s activities consist of three major programs: 1) Arts & Cultural Exchange, 2) Japanese-Language Education Overseas, and 3) Japanese Studies and Intellectual Exchange. The Center for Global Partnership (CGP) was founded within the Foundation in 1991 and seeks to promote exchange and collaboration between Japan and the United States with the goal of fulfilling shared global responsibilities and contributing to improvements in the world’s welfare. For more information, please visit our websites at www.jfny.org and www.cgp.org.
The Japan Foundation CGP, New York seeks an Associate Program Officer who will be responsible for the management of Grassroots Exchange & Education programs. Through these programs, CGP aims to foster Japan-U.S. grassroots exchange in various ways. This position will report to the Program Director of Grassroots Exchange & Education.
- Manage grants and other programs in Grassroots Exchange & Education by processing applications from institutions and individuals, maintaining program files and documents using the CGP database, and communicating with prospective applicants, grantees, and awardees.
- Coordinate logistics for in-house/online meetings as well as events with collaborators, grantees, etc. by coordinating venues, catering, transportation, audio/visual equipment, materials, etc.
- Create program materials and publications (e.g. newsletters, flyers, and webpages) and assist in proofreading of English documents.
- Support marketing and public relations functions by managing web and social media presence.
- Conduct outreach activities and site visits throughout the U.S. as a representative of The Japan Foundation CGP, after the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) announces it is safe for general travel.
- Collaborate and correspond with program staff at The Japan Foundation CGP Tokyo Headquarters
- Perform other duties and additional responsibilities as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree required, plus a Master’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States.
- Native oral and written English communication skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel and attend occasional weekend events (travel is approximately several weeks each year), after the CDC announces it is safe for general travel.
A strong candidate will also possess:
- Experience with and/or interest in international cultural exchange.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and the ability to multi-task.
- Experience with grant management and/or familiarity with institutions of higher education.
- Familiarity with Japan and Japanese language ability.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office software (experience with application management software preferred).
- Experience with planning and conducting online events.
Salary and Benefits: Salary commensurate with experience. Benefits include comprehensive medical, dental, vision, and life insurance coverage, paid vacation, and sick leave, etc.
To apply: Please email a cover letter, resume and a one-page writing sample in English to email@example.com
Qualified candidates will be invited for an online interview.
Expected Position Start Date: January 11, 2021 (or as soon as possible thereafter)
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here