Associate Producer – NHK Los Angeles Bureau/ Japan Broadcasting Corporation (Los Angeles, CA, USA)
Thank you to JETAA Southern California for sharing this position.
Company: NHK Los Angeles Bureau/ Japan Broadcasting Corporation
Title: Associate Producer
Salary: TBD, Full Time
Location: Los Angeles, CA, USA
NHK Los Angeles Bureau is seeking a full-time Associate Producer to join our news team. The
Associate Producer will assist NHK correspondents with all aspects of news production duties
including but not limited to:
– Conducting research for business and tech issues, as well as breaking news stories;
– Pitching story ideas for feature news stories;
– Arranging and coordinating on-location filming, interviews and travel logistics;
– Traveling for domestic and international newsgathering location work, including breaking news
– Preparing and reporting in English for “NHK World” (NHK’s international news service in English)
and “Backstories” (NHK World’s website);
This position will start as soon as possible. We will conduct an interview online first, but later you
must be able to come for an in-person interview.
NHK is Japan’s largest and sole public broadcasting network nationwide and worldwide. NHK Los
Angeles Bureau is based in Santa Monica, CA and covers news in the West Coast and the Midwest
as well as Canada, Mexico and other Central American nations for NHK’s various news and
• Must show a strong interest in broadcast journalism, especially related to business and tech
news, as well as breaking news.
• Be able to work under deadline pressure.
• Be a resourceful, outgoing self-starter.
• Have good communication skills.
• Be willing to travel.
• Language: Fluent English required, Spanish preferred.
• Microsoft OFFICE skills.
If interested in this position, please contact Jun Oikawa; firstname.lastname@example.org
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here