Submitted by: Mansfield Foundation
The Maureen and Mike Mansfield Foundation, a non-profit organization that promotes understanding and cooperation between Asia and the United States, seeks an Associate Director of Programs in its Washington, D.C. office.
Reporting to the Foundation’s Vice President, the Associate Director of Programs will be responsible for managing multiple programs that inform and engage opinion leaders and advance policy through working groups.
Programs under the Associate Director’s responsibilities will include:
- The U.S.-Japan Space Forum, a standing committee of American and Japanese space policy experts and officials, meeting to examine critical developments and opportunities for bilateral and multilateral space-related activities;
- The Corporate Friends of Mansfield Program, which engages private sector leaders on issues of interest to the corporate communities in the United States and Asia;
- Multilateral, trans-Pacific networks, exchanges, and round tables in pursuit of the Foundation’s mission of connecting people and ideas to advance mutual interests in U.S.-Asia relations.
Position responsibilities include working independently and as part of a team to develop, promote, implement, recruit participants, and fulfill reporting requirements for these programs. The Associate Director will sustain and nurture Foundation relations with outside funders and relevant stakeholders in the private and public sectors.
This position also requires extensive coordination with Foundation staff in Montana and Tokyo, as well as program sponsors and participants in the public and private sectors of the United States and Japan.
Some domestic and international travel is required.
- Three or more years of working experience, including writing grants, developing programs with foundations and corporations, and managing a program budget;
- Master’s degree;
- U.S. citizenship or current work visa;
- Japanese language ability preferred
Send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Application deadline: February 15, 2019.
**Disclaimer: This position is neither vetted nor endorsed by USJETAA. Please contact the hiring institution directly with any questions.**