Assistant Producer, Fujisankei Communications International, Inc, New York
From: JETwit Jobs
Job Title: Assistant Producer
Department: TV News
Location: New York
Reports To: TV News Bureau Chief
FLSA Status: Non-exempt
Perform North, South and Central American news-gathering activities for broadcast in Japan, including news research and on-location producing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research news story ideas and create proposals for Fuji Television Network, Inc. and affiliates’ news programs on a daily basis.
- Coordinate with the Engineering department in setting up crews, satellite bookings, coverage requirements and additional outside technical support.
- Collect information, set up interviews, and coordinate travel arrangements for any potential news, projects or breaking news.
- Go on location and perform troubleshooting, researching, translating, directing, coordinating, driving, editing, and footage transmission duties for Fuji Television Network, Inc. and affiliates’ news programs.
- Keep up-to-date with the news through newspapers, news wires, magazines, TV monitors, Internet, and Lexis Nexis.
- Alert the NY Bureau Chief and/or Foreign News Desk in Tokyo for any breaking news.
- Monitor AP and Reuter news sources, newspapers, magazines, television monitors for current and breaking news.
- Perform other related duties as assigned and required.
- Perform other duties assigned from time to time by FCI management.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Media/Communication or any related field with 1-2 years experience in news production or media/journalism. Possess broad knowledge of topics in different areas
- Bilingual in English and Japanese with native English and ability to read and write in Japanese. Strong communication skills
- Ability to drive in different locations. Good follow through. Strong interpersonal skills
Essential Physical Requirements
- Ability to lift, carry and move production equipment and/or other baggage weighing up to 50 pounds between office, airport, hotel and to different shooting locations under all types of conditions including, but not limited to, extremes in temperature, weather, altitudes and depths;
- Ability to perform work at shoot locations under all types of conditions including, but not limited to, extremes in temperature, weather, altitudes, and depths;
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally; and
- Ability and willingness to drive in unfamiliar surroundings.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends, and go on business trips on short notice.
- Employee may be required all necessary immunizations that are required for entry into foreign countries or for re-entry into the United States
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Current Passport, Valid Driver’s License
Please email resume and cover letter to Kiyoshi Shinozaki at kiyoshi….@fci-ny.com
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here