This position is currently remote but will eventually need to be in the D.C. metro area.
Essential Job Functions
- Contribute to the execution of a strategic marketing and recruitment plan for federal internship programs.
- Coordinate the referral process to deliver high-quality applicants to federal partners and research eligible applicants using recruitment software such as the HandShake platform.
- Supervise coordinator assisting with recruitment and program logistics.
- Support and/or participate in limited recruitment trips at colleges and universities each semester to promote TWC and introduce to faculty, staff, administrators, and prospective students the programs TWC offers.
- Implement student experience and professional development curriculum in consultation with federal initiatives team for a caseload of 40-50 students.
- Mentor and provide consistent feedback to students while they are in program, outlining and monitoring professional development goals, and overall progress throughout the term.
- Co-plan 2-3 professional development events and/or workshops for students.
- Assist with internship placement logistics.
- Ensure all TWC constituents have a positive and beneficial experience.
- Conduct orientation.
- Facilitate student/supervisor relationship to enhance professional skill set development.
- Serve as a liaison between students and internship sites and guide the supervisor’s role in educating students in a professional setting; may conduct site visits and collect mid-term and final evaluations.
- Utilize technological tools to increase efficiency of program execution and provide all program materials and communication to participants.
- Communicate to students and agency partners TWC policies including financial assistance and code of conduct.
- Provide all clients with excellent customer service by answering questions and providing information in a timely manner. Clients may include, but are not limited to: federal agencies points of contact, travel and housing companies, students, and university/college officials.
- Plan and lead periodic check-ins with and reporting to partner agencies.
- Provide designated manager(s) with updates on student issues and interactions with agency partners.
Education and Experience
An equivalent combination of education, training, and experience will be considered:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field required
- 2-3 years’ related work experience
- Experience working with students required
Preferred Education/Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree a plus
- Experience working with the Federal government is a plus
- Experience working with college students highly preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Critical to the successful performance of the job. These may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with the position:
- Ability to manage multiple projects and work collaboratively
- Excellent client relations skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proven ability to articulate organizational objectives
- Organized and detail orientated
- Ability to develop systems for tracking information and knowledge
- Easily adaptable
- Independent judgment and initiative
- Proficiency in MS Office with strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel and Word.
Equipment Used to Perform the Job
Which may be representative but not all inclusive of those commonly associated with this position.
- Standard office equipment including a facsimile machine, photocopier, and telephone system
- Personal Computer, job-related software and printer
Commonly associated with the performance of the functions of this job. Reasonable accommodation can be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform described essential functions of this job. These physical demands are representative of the physical requirements necessary for an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- The employee may frequently lift and/or move up to 25lbs. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, precise hand-eye coordination, and the ability to identify and distinguish colors. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use repetitive wrist, hand, and/or finger movement, reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand and walk. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
To apply to this position, please do so via our online application form.
This job description no way states or implies that these are the only duties preformed by the employee occupying this position. Employees may be required to follow instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested, subject to all applicable state and federal laws.
Certain job functions described herein may be subjected to possible modification in accordance with applicable state and federal laws.
Please note that we participate in E-Verify and upon hire, will provide the federal government with your Form I-9 information to confirm that you are authorized to work in the U.S.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here