The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Administrative Assistant for the Public Affairs Section. This position is responsible for performing secretarial duties, coordinating public affairs events as well as performing various office support functions, including but not limited to, drafting and editing documents and correspondence for members of the Public Affairs Section, maintaining public office spaces, as well as other related office administrative tasks.
Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with lunch time receptionist duty once a month and occasional weeknight and/or weekend events (all qualify for paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with the experience and skills of the candidate. The minimum basic monthly salary for this position is $3500. Benefits include group health insurance coverage, paid time off, and sick leave.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be requested to submit their background check information.
- Manage the schedules, itineraries, and transportation arrangements for both the head of the Public Affairs Section and the Counsellor for Public Affairs, as well as for other diplomats in the Public Affairs Section who work with the press.
- Perform other administrative duties such as answering phone calls from the public, maintaining inventory of office supplies and public diplomacy materials, and managing supply requests.
- Maintain a press list database and coordinate the credentialing process for the Japanese press.
- Assist in the coordination of receptions, cultural events, meetings, and seminars under the direction of diplomatic staff.
- Draft speeches, press releases, correspondence and newsletters related to Embassy activities.
- Conduct research related to media outlets, current cultural/social events and other public affairs related topics.
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate, including but not limited to: leading tours of Embassy cultural assets, supporting receptions in the evenings, providing internal translations and transcribing recordings.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Fluent English speaker with strong writing skills
- Flexibility, resourcefulness and the ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills
- Highly organized and able to multi-task with varying deadlines
- Computer skills, including experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Team-oriented self-starter
- Good understanding of Japanese culture
- Japanese language proficiency
How to apply:
- Email your resume, cover letter, and reference letter(s) (if any) to: firstname.lastname@example.org by September 12th.
- More info: https://www.us.emb-japan.go.jp/itpr_en/job-pa-admin-assistant.html