Administrative Assistant – Embassy of Japan (Washington, DC)
The Embassy of Japan is seeking a highly motivated, team-oriented individual for the position of Administrative Assistant. This individual is primarily responsible for secretarial work, such as managing the schedules and activities of diplomats in the Management and Coordination Section. Please see below for a detailed listing of responsibilities.
The Embassy offers group health insurance coverage, paid vacation and sick leave. Working hours are 9:00 am – 5:30 pm, Monday through Friday, with lunch time receptionist duty once a month and the occasional weeknight and/or weekend event (paid overtime). Salary is commensurate with experience. The minimum monthly base salary for this position is USD $3,300.
Please note: Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. green card holder. Screening will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates will be requested to submit their background check information.
- Manage the schedules and daily activities of diplomats in the Management and Coordination section.
- Make appointments, develop itineraries, coordinate transportation for diplomats and guests, answer phone calls and other administrative duties.
- Maintain and update a contact list database.
- Help organize receptions, social events, meetings, and seminars.
- Assist the diplomats of the Management and Coordination section with research tasks.
- Other responsibilities as needed and appropriate
Required and Preferred Qualifications:
- Fluent in English, Japanese ability preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Flexibility and resourcefulness
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
How to apply: Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by March 14, 2022.
Please no phone calls. Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we cannot guarantee consideration of your application if the submission instructions are not properly followed.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here