Job Announcement: USJETAA Executive Director
Apply to be USJETAA Executive Director!
USJETAA seeks a full-time leader to manage all aspects of the organization’s operations and to work with its board of directors to strengthen the institutional base of the organization, guide it towards long-term financial sustainability, and contribute to American and Japanese society.
USJETAA is an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that supports the community of nearly 40,000 JET Program alumni in the United States and strengthens US-Japan relations at the grassroots and national levels. Based in Washington DC, it serves as a resource for the JET Program alumni network, including the 19 local JET alumni chapters in the United States, and it connects alumni with the US-Japan business community, educational and nonprofit initiatives, and the American and Japanese governments. Ideal candidates will have the following qualities:
- A passion to support the JET alumni community across the United States, maintain its ‘institutional memory,’ and serve as an institutional touch point for organizations wishing to connect with the JET alumni network
- Capacity to develop and implement programs to support the community engagement and professional development of JET Program alumni throughout the United States, while managing the funder relations that make those programs possible
- Long-term vision and nonprofit experience that can be drawn upon to develop and implement a fundraising strategy targeting individual and corporate donors, drive USJETAA expansion, and ensure the long-term sustainability of the organization
- Strong network-building skills that can be used to forge new partnerships and sustain existing ones with stakeholders in the US-Japan field, JET community, and other circles
- Prior management experience that can be drawn upon to oversee the small USJETAA team of staff/contractors and to creatively leverage the organization’s board
- A general understanding of communications and public outreach with a willingness to learn new technical skills to oversee a communications plan and maintain USJETAA’s online and social media presence
- Ability to provide prudent financial management to sustain and grow USJETAA assets
An aptitude for cross-cultural understanding and an ability to bring together people from diverse backgrounds is critical, and experience as a JET participant and role in JETAA activities will be an advantage in the job. The USJETAA office is located in Washington DC, although a remote work arrangement with occasional travel to DC may be an option.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis, with priority given to those first received.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To receive news & updates please enter your info below
To become a member click here