Khalid Birdsong (Shimamoto, 2003-2005) wrote the article"This Quote From Seth Godin Could Change How You Think About Pursuing Your Passion"
Dan Tinianowwas (AET, 1987-1988) was named Faculty of the Month at the University of Arizona Global Campus.
Farrah Hasnain (Shizuoka) wrote a Japan Times article on how she and other women of color navigated questions about their identity and stereotypes in the classroom.
Global Expat 1:10 Coaching Support
Kristy Ishii (Gunma, 2016-2018) is offering coaching support for expats navigating life in a new country. Please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Graham (Fukushima) tells his story about seeing his birth father for the first time. Initially aired on the CBS Evening News, "The Man on TV" re-aired on The Moth Radio Hour.
JET Alumni at the Japan Writer's Conference
- Michael Frazier will lead a poetry workshop at the Japan Writers Conference. Find out more about Michael's poetry on JETwit.
- Tom Baker will share tips on writing a pub quiz at the Japan Writers Conference. Learn more on JETwit.
- Suzanne Kamata will host a panel discussion on "Writing Identity" at the Japan Writers Conference. Read more about Suzanne's talk on JETwit.
- Joe Palermo will speak about self-publishing his memoir at the Japan Writers Conference. Find out what life was like in the 1980s Japan on JETwit.
- Todd Jay Leonard will offer publishing tips at the Japan Writers Conference including his10 basic points to keep in mind. More on JETwit.
- Joy Jarman-Walsh will present on how to conduct an interview at the Japan Writers Conference. Learn more about Joy's talk on live broadcasting interviews on JETwit.
JETwit Movers and Shakers Initiative Latest
Loren Greene (Osaka, 2007-2010) wrote two novels set in Japan. Find out more about Loren's novels on JETwit.
Michael T. Cibenko (Kumamoto, 1996-1999) published a novel based upon the Shimabara Rebellion. Learn more about Michael's inspiration for his novel Masaru on JETwit.
Krewe of Japan Podcast S02E01 – The Fantastical World of Studio Ghibli ft. Steve AlpertDoug Tassin (Fukushima, 2007-2010) has a new Krewe of Japan Podcast.
TADAIMA! The Krewe is BACK! Season 2 kicks off October 1st at 12 pm CT. The Krewe goes down the rabbit hole that is Studio Ghibli, talking about some history behind the famous animation studio and their favorite films. Then, Steve Alpert, former Senior Vice President at Studio Ghibli and author of Sharing a House with the Never-Ending Man: 15 Years at Studio Ghibli, joins the Krewe for a deep dive into what it was like to work with Miyazaki and how he played a pivotal role in bringing Ghibli favorites to international markets.
The Krewe of Japan Podcast is a weekly episodic podcast sponsored by the Japan Society of New Orleans. Check them out every Friday afternoon around noon CT on Apple, Google, Spotify, Amazon, and Stitcher.
Hajimemashite Offers Special JET Rate for Japanese Courses
Aarti Barve (Okayama, 2006-2008) is the founder of Hajimemashite, a platform for customized online Japanese courses. With the experience of 17+ years, Aarti prepares students for JLPT exams. She has designed a special fee structure for the JET alumni. JET alumni can use the HAJIME 21 code for a discount of 20% off.
Karl Hoeschen (Saitama, 2010-2013) wrote a piece for Japan America Society of Minnesota Tsushin Monthly Newsletter on page 3.
InsideJapan Tours was named one of the best Travel Specialists in the world by Conde Nast Traveler's Readers Choice Awards! Coming in it at #4. The Australian branch was established by JET Alumnus Harry Sargent and the U.S. branch based in Boulder, Colorado was established by U.S. Branch Director Mathew Eccles.