The Carnegie Library at Mt. Vernon Square – 801 K St NW, Washington, DC 20001
Presented by the National Cherry Blossom Festival.
Explore the worlds of sake, shōchū, and craft beer alongside Japanese cuisine at the National Cherry Blossom Festival’s Grand Sake Tasting!
At this exclusive event, fifteen breweries directly from Japan will offer tastings of their craft beverages, among the world’s finest produced, creating a one-of-a-kind experience in the United States.
Admission includes sake, shōchū, and craft beer tastings. The selection contains rare and luxury brand sake; highlights include:
– Dassai “23” Junmai Daiginjo from the Yamaguchi Prefecture, which was served at the April 2015 State Dinner during Prime Minister Abe’s recent visit to the White House.
– Nanbu Bijin “Southern Beauty” Nama Nama, Toubetsu Junmai from the Iwata Prefecture, an unpasteurized seasonal sake, bottled and shipped immediately to maintain its purity and quality. It is only produced once a year in extremely limited quantities.
– Kubota Manju “10,000 Celebrations” Junmai Daiginjo from the Niigata Prefecture, one of the most famous and highly awarded sakes, setting the standard for others to be measured against.
Complementing the beverages, Japanese cuisine from local restaurants will be served, and traditional Japanese performers will entertain.
– VIP Admission (includes an extra hour of access to the event from 6 -7 PM, and a gift bag) – $150
– General Admission – $100
– FOR A LIMITED TIME ONLY – purchase discounted Grand Sake Tasting tickets through Travelzoo at up to 40% off!
Visit here for more information.